Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tagged.

Well, I was tagged by my cute cousin in law Kristin, and have been trying to forget about it ever since. :) It's hard to talk about myself! But I figured there's probably a just reward for those of us who shirk our duty, so I scrounged up a few things to share that distinguish me from everyone else.
1. My teeth are all little and gapped, but the mother of all gaps is what keeps me truly humble. It's the one to the left of my middle one. I can fit my tongue through it. Why me!? Seriously, the fact that I'm even aware of something so trivial, proves that my life is pretty great.
2. I hate nail clippings. I'm currently brainwashing my children to embrace the same phobia. We clip our nails outside in the yard-despite inclement weather. It's true. Look, I have had too many fallen toe nails curl around my toe as I'm walking around barefoot to be indifferent, like most people. And furthermore, people who clip at church are not awesome--pass it on.
3. I love all the long BBC movies made from classic books. My favorite is Our Mutual Friend (Dickens), then Pride and Prejudice (have to admit, I like the new one better, but I felt a little mutinous when I realized that), Jane Eyre, Wives and Daughters, North and South, etc. I always have one of these movies going in the background while I'm ironing or doing something mundane.
4. I can't eat anything but breakfast food before 12:00. mental, I know. But a turkey sandwich at 11:00? Doesn't that just feel wrong? anyone?
5. One of my greatest pleasures in life is being with my husband. Craziness. I really like him! I love it when we unexpectedly fall into a conversation that lasts until midnight. I love it when we work on the house together, while listening to loud music. I love teaching the girls together, working in the yard together, watching movies together, and spicing it up with an occasional wrestling match... I love that we often say the same thing at the same time and then look at each other, shake our heads and act embarrassed about it. He is good home spun fun.

And now I think I'm supposed to tag someone else. So I tag my sweet friend, Tara. :)

5 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

Oh Kristie you make me laugh. I was not aware of your toenail phobia. haha!

Hambone Jacobs said...

I remember the lovely phobia that you have. Why didn't you have that growing up... I remember a special memory regarding your toenail clipping procedure... the stairs, me keeping you company by talking to you, you having one small one fly up up up... into my mouth.... Disgusting. I think I have that lovely phobia now also... if someone is clipping I steer far away... sick sick sick.

Louise said...

HAHA! Even before I knew you and you would speak in relief society I knew you were quirky. But clipping toenails in the yard! That's classic. I LOVE the new Pride and Prejudice, so don't feel too bad.

Anonymous said...

No wonder we get along so well, we're so much alike! Except for the toenail thing... you're on your own on that one (I've never seen anyone clip in church though, ugh)!

rowdystroudy said...

How about quessadillas? Could you eat those before noon?