I'm delusional, and actually believed we would never have to visit the emergency room with one of our girls. Which is partly why I said "I have a hard time believing that..." when Ryan told me Molly had a serious owie. They're never serious! But her face was covered in red, it was a deep split, and Ryan was sure she needed stitches. We took her to the hospital and they did give her several stitches and then glued up the top layer. Now I'm convinced that this is just the first of many visits we will make to the ER. What happened: Ryan was pretending to be a monster, chasing and growling at the girls down the hall, which is something they love. He hid for a minute and then jumped out to surprise them. Molly is a spasmo, and usually will not respond safely or appropriately under pressure.. She just reacts, by running, collapsing, or sputtering nonsense, depending on the situation. This time she ran full speed, straight into the corner of the wall. Incidentally, about a month ago, at the playground, I half-heartedly spooked her. She panicked and ran straight off the upper platform. amazing.
Monday, November 12, 2007
It Begins
Posted by
Kristie
at
6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! You were right! That does look bad! Poor thing. We've had so many close calls with Adalyn falling off things or running into sharp corners and stuff, but I have the same attitude that you did....it never turns out to be serious! I should watch out too!
Oh, look at that sad little face! I am glad she is okay. But, I need to give her a hug!
Give Molly Bolly a snuggle and kiss from her auntie. Let her know that I know how it feels to run into things... I have an exact scar just like her. At least now they have glue and it will heal without a mark... unlike me, I am so blessed to resemble Frankenstein. Anyway, I hope she is doing better... poor sweetie. Well, Love ya. Miss you.
Oh, I need to give her a hug right now! Next time call me so I can help out - please! I'm glad everybody's OK.
Poor girl! It's good you are so calm under pressure though, it probably is better than over reacting. You'll have to tutor me on video clips now, for some reason I couldn't play yours (my computer has issues) but I was impressed you had it up!
Post a Comment