Eva has chicken pox. Yes, you read that right. Thought those days were behind the American people? Me too! I'm filing for a refund on her vaccinations. Poor kid, she's really miserable and the house is quarantined until she's over it (the doctor said 7-14 days). I was going to post a picture of her arm, but Ryan said it was too gruesome for our blog, so I'll furnish images upon request. :)
Last night when she was crying because she itched so bad and there was nothing more I could do about it, I got a little emotional. I realized that sometimes I really can't do anything to help. I just laid by her and let her talk and cry to me as long as she wanted and I think that was comforting--at that point it was all I had to offer. God must feel that same pain when his children suffer. I know he gives us these illnesses to help us appreciate health and to feel closer to him. And in the same way I listened to Eva, God listens to our prayers. That comforts me...
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
chicken pox anyone?
Posted by
Kristie
at
3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are such a good mom! Poor poor Eva!
Poor baby. I want to see pictures.... I know. I am morbid. Send them on to me. ;)
Mason just had his second chickenpox vaccine yesterday and I thought "I'm so glad our kids don't have to deal with chickenpox anymore" but I guess it's not 100% true! Darn! Poor Eva! By the way, I loved all your comments about yourself, esp. that you cut your nails outside. You're hilarious!
That's really sweet of you. I didn't get the chickenpox until I was 18 from a coworker. I still have scars from that! At least she can get over them now rather than later.
Post a Comment