It’s 9:00pm, and Molly just appeared in the living room. I looked up from feeding Levi, shot her a menacing look and growled, “this better be important molly...” There was no good reason for her to be out of bed, and her punishment immediately took shape in my mind. She looked a little nervous, but gathered courage enough to stammer,
“mom. -is this important? I, um… we didn’t have dinner?"
I had to laugh. Well, Ryan and I had dinner (and boy was it good), but the kids had just woken up from their naps and snacked, so I didn’t bother with them, thinking to feed them later. Anyway, they polished off a bowl of cheerios and we called it a night, again. J
5 comments:
That is awesome!!! You are getting the "mom of the year" award for sure :-)
That is so hilarious! Poor Molly, she's so brave.
Um, your kids still take naps? I am so impressed! That more than makes up for forgetting about dinner!!!
A little funny...I can just see Molly coming out and asking. So it seems that the pregnancy brain doesn't go away quickly.
Dinner, Sminner! I warned you that #3 would make you a crazy woman! Cherrios are fortified anyway, so they'll be fine! :)
Post a Comment