Tuesday, December 9, 2008

a jumble of things

Levi is the author of some serious sleep deprivation around here.
Ryan is not faking it.-and it wasn't even a big meal.

Molly loves her brother! Whether or not the feeling is mutual... well, let's just say the results are not in.Is he smirking?

molly looked at this picture (above) and said "that's the picture where I'm dressed like a hussy."
molly reads on, undaunted, amid a serious protest. wow.

He seems to favor being held by anyone else.
(grandmama eva bestows a smile of wisdom upon us and refers to us all as "little dears")

this is my mom (or her arms and lips anyway). she came to visit us a couple weeks after levi arrived and was an enormous help. even today, weeks later, i cried because I miss her being here.

My pretty friend Sara with her biggest fan. She was so sweet to him, it will take serious effort to undo the spoiling. :)

it's not just molly who gets the shaft. in this case at least the feeling is mutual. ryan has a way with him. today, he took him out to the garage (our office) when Levi was spazzing out and after only 20 minutes of full-body wailing, he fell asleep in Ryan's arms. I secretly think ryan is a baby whisperer. time will tell.

My awesome friend Sara came to visit us for several days this past week and we had a great time. She shows such love toward my kids, they always have a hard time when she leaves. I don't blame them. She brings them gifts, reads to them, talks to them in an even tone... quite a contrast to plain ol'cold-hearted mom. :) We miss her.

Molly dons the tree skirt for her annual "oh tannenbaum" routine. This tradition's roots go deep.

Levi gets dolled up for his priesthood baby blessing at church this past sunday. He is so handsome.

He can also express himself with incredible eloquence for one so young. We snapped this picture just as he was explaining to everyone in the house that this little "outfit" makes him look like a sissy and he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of all his friends.



what a doll. love him!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's bigger than clark (4 months) i swear it! he is so great. i love his hair. how 'bout spiking it into a mohawk next sunday... i'm not joking. the girls are adorable...i'll have to start using the word hussy myself around here. syd keeps asking why i don't like Bratz. ok, this is turning into an email... -jessica

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, how can you stand living right in the middle of all that adorableness?! I want to gobble him up just looking at these photos!

Jenn said...

He is so cute, he has gotten so bit! has it really been that long? I love all the pics, and I miss you so much, I wish I could get out there and visit too but matts job has been laying off lots of people so its a little scary right now. you look good and your kids look great and we miss you.

Jenn said...

I meant he has gotten so big

Marleepatts said...

I love the post I wait with baited breath for your posts-I am a loser and want to stalk your life silently.

Carrie said...

oh my gosh what a chunk! and HUSSY! I was rolling. on the floor. literally.

Brie said...

well molly you should have seen your mom dressing in college...total hussy...its no wonder where she gets it..:) levi is totally the cutest little man..

Tara said...

Look at all that hair!!! I just can't believe it! So cutE!! And Eva looks so grown up!

{Alynn} said...

Is it just me, or do I get the feeling Levi knows how to make his wants known... a lot! My sister always said if her baby wasn't so cute she would have put her in a box on the curb!

...was that 20 min of Ryan wailing out in the "office", or Levi!?!

Your little hussy and grandma figures are as cute as ever! Miss you all so much! Hang in there!!!

theamazingjohnsons said...

I'm in love with this whole post! Ryan sleeping at the table...poor guy! I'm glad to hear that he has the magic touch with that baby. Caleb is a baby whisperer as well and I am always jealous. And Hussy?! That cracks me up!

Hambone Jacobs said...

my fav would have to be with ryan sitting on the couch with Levi. he looks exhausted and at the end of his rope. :)

I miss the girlies. Let them know that I miss them and give them loves from me.

Miss you Kristie.

NACJMAC said...

Oh so fun to see that precious little boy! Wow he is darling. I was so sad I couldn't come for his blessing. Oh how I wanted to be there. My new calling and the month of December has had me quite busy. I promise we'll come soon. Miss you all so much!

Jeremy Chevalier said...

Your family is so beautiful. I love your pics.

Shannon said...

Adam just doesn't understand why I am laughing so hard when I read you entries. i about died laughing when I read, "I seriously think he may be the baby whisperer." The look on his face says it all.