Monday, March 24, 2008

Two choices

I like to give my kids options. "You can be compliant and all-around pleasant, or you can cry in your room." "You can eat your food now, or you can eat it next time you're hungry." "You can share the princess ring, or I'll put it somewhere really high and we'll all forget it exists." This weekend, the correct choice seemed simple enough. "You can get prettied up in your Easter finery and go to church, or you can wake up Saturday morning with pink eye and stay home for several days." I thought this was a no-brainer, but apparently the girls prefer waking up with their eyes crusted/swollen shut. They picked the pink eye! For the past few mornings I've woken to one or the other's panicked cry for help "mom! I can't open my eyes!!" Poor kids. Eye drops are traumatic as well-can it be that the cure is worse than the disease?

2 comments:

Tara said...

I remember when I was younger and that happened to me. It was such a frightening experience not being able to open my eyes at all! I asked my dad (being an eye doc and all) what it was caused from. He jokingly said (although, I didn't realize his sarcasm then) that I must have been putting boogars in my eyes. I was so upset by that because I knew that I hadn't! I hope your girls get better soon!

theamazingjohnsons said...

How scary that must be for them to not be able to open their eyes And how dare they choose pink eye over pretty easter dresses.