Monday, March 17, 2008

Drumroll please..

Well, now that I've told all my family members, I can announce to the world that I am expecting!!! We are thrilled! After trying for a year and a half, I had finally come to peace and full contentment with my little family and had even embraced the idea of only ever having two kids. Honestly, when I found out, I didn't quite know how to feel. I took the test and ran out of the room. I was too scared to see the results. When I peeked in and saw both lines, I kinda slinked down to the floor and started crying/laughing. Molly thought I was nuts! I know a lot of people water down these experiences to where it's just a matter of "they finally relaxed and got pregnant." But I really think there's more to it than that. I have to say, the entire "trying" experience was very spiritual for me, and my take on it is that Heavenly Father was waiting for me to be grateful for what I had been given, before he was going to give me any more. In any case, that's what I learned and hopefully I won't ever have to learn it again. :)


We're hoping for a boy, but a girl would be great. I'm due in November, and I haven't gotten sick yet, but I expect to in a few days. So, please excuse me if I drop off the face of the earth for a while. I'm so happy!!

15 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

I know I already told you this but I am sooooooo happy for you! I am glad you are not done having kids. Your kids are so cute, there should definitely be more of them. Please don't go into hiding when you get sick. You are going to need to call me and let me take the girls off your hands.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy when Eva announced it in Primary!! (Molly was right on it though, and added it was a secret!) Congratulations to you all, your family is such a special one! This is one lucky baby!

rowdystroudy said...

I'm still overjoyed with this news. You truly had me in tears!! So exciting!!

Lillian J. White said...

Oh, Kristie! This is wonderful! I am elated for you guys! We MUST get together this summer! Congrats again, and tell Ryan he is AMAZING...i can't believe his auto repair skills! Love you!

Brie said...

Kris- awesome!!! you totally deserve another cute baby..what a lucky kid he/she is...love you

Marleepatts said...

Congrats!! I knew that I would be the only one who would only have two kids. I am so excited for you I am sure that if it is a girl or a boy it will be adorable!

Shannon said...

You are amazing and I am beyond excited for you all. We already miss you guys like crazy.

We love you!

Lewis Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations. We're so excited for you. I told Jess (cause her internet is not working) and she says "YEAH!" too.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I know you want a boy but now I am hoping for a girl since your baby will be born the same year as our baby girl. Can't wait to know what is growing in your belly. Good luck with the next few months of sickness - I'll be checking in on you soon! Oh, and Ryan is amazing! I can't believe what good work he did on your van - serious props for him!

Jen O said...

I'm truly elated for you! There's way too much love at your house to not share it with another little cutie!

Kristen said...

I am sooooo happy for you! Congratulations!!!!

wendy said...

That is so great! We are so happy for you guys. Dylan asked if we could pray for you. (I guess he does have a few aunts that are prego and we pray for.) I said, "Of course we can!" Such a wonderful thing for you. Loves. Wendy

Amy G said...

!!!!!YAY!!!! Took me 3 days to confirm Ryan's..hint...in an an email...kept remembering when away from my computer...but YAY!!!!!!!! and I took too long, everyone already stole my comments, so DITTO!!

(PS-to Ryan, cmon, there is no one left on earth that doesn't text while watching reality TV, while listening to their ipod...don't try to tell me otherwise :) and assuming this references some game i invited you to play--don't know why i did that, as I couldn't even figure out how to play it...:)
CONGRATULATIONS!! (if you have another girl, I'll loan Gabe to you once in a while.....if nothing else, you'll be on your knees, thankful for another girl:))

Hambone Jacobs said...

O' happy day... I am so excited. You are beautiful, Kristie!!! I am so excited for another munchkin to spoil. I love been an auntie. Love ya.

Louise said...

So I'm late with leaving a comment but I got curious and was surprised with the announcement. Everyone is pregnant now! It is in the water. I'm so happy for you. I know you've wanted this for some time now. Congratulations!