Eva yelled (at least five times before I tuned in): "mom, come and watch our magician show!"
so, I shuffled my way through the sty that is the girls' room and sat on the bottom bunk which is super comfortable (imagine with me a place where no adult can sit up, and only children can lie down).
Eva's first attempt at magic went something like this: She held a pillow case which appeared to contain a large box and waved her hand in the air (she has like thirty wands, but they were not to be found.) -
"abrica dabrica do, make a wish and it will come true!" then she turned the pillow case upside down and nothing fell out. She gave it a little shake, and it slid a little, then another shake, a little slide, etc. until she was in a fit of giggles and the show had to be revised. I went back to the dishes.
when I was dragged in the second time, she chanted similar words but this time expected me to make a wish. So, I wished for a horse.
there was a moment's pause before she said "sorry... you have to wish for something in the bag."
"oh..."
how awkward, right? I mean, this whole show was going down the toilet in a big way. All the stuffed animals and I were giving each other looks and wondering who we should see about a refund.
back to the dishes.
Next attempt Molly (apparently in cahoots at this point) saved the day by wishing for a book. Eva then put the pillow case over her head and announced to the crowd "this is how I can see what's in the pillow case!"
You could feel the magic in the room.
So, I came out here to record this because it's just the kind of ludicrous play we moms experience/overhear every day and never think to record. As I was writing, Eva came out (holding a dolly-and this is important) and asked "when is everyone coming back?"
"oh, honey... I don't think anyone is."
"Well, I'm glad you're not coming back for a while. I'm glad because my baby just threw up on my clothes."
6 comments:
Kristie you crack me up! I love it!
Still laughing, give me a sec.... Nope can't stop laughing, I'll get back to you later :)
Kids are so much fun!
All in a day. Love it. Your girls sound hilarious! I only wish we lived a bit closer to hang out with you sometimes. And... your little man with the AMAZING HAIR... WOW- so cute.
Oh and the drool string? I had no idea you were so talented!
You are such an amazing writer Kristie -- and your kids are awesome! So sad I didn't ask Eva to show ME the magic trick!
Kristie every time I read this it make me laugh so hard that I have to rush to the bathroom. Your kids are so funny.
Post a Comment