Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

Easter is the time to get really sick for a couple weeks. Wait, no, to dress everyone in coordinating outfits and then get really sick.. ya, that's it. We had to leave church because we were blowing our noses and coughing every minute or so. It was embarrassing. But, we took these pictures when we got home. Levi is the main event around here.




Also, a nasty respiratory virus should never hold you back from having friends over for Easter Dinner, an egg hunt in the pouring rain and traditional Ukranian pysanki (ornate egg-dying). Which, we did. No pictures, except of the eggs.


Ryan's..
And mine, which was pretty in the beginning, but looked less so after Molly cracked it open...
on the couch.
(Don't be confused, and/or think we are not-so-smart for using raw eggs. That's how pysanki is done. The inside dries out over time and then you can keep the egg forever.)

 
ooo! and this was pretty cool. Ryan didn't get the camera in time, but I had a 2 and 1/2 foot drool string that was dangling for a good thirty seconds!

I want to say, in the true spirit of Easter, that I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I believe he died and was resurrected on the third day. He has given me everything.

6 comments:

Marleepatts said...

You are so hilarious-only you would post a pic of drool-thanks for the laugh.

{Alynn} said...

Seriously, you have the cutes kiddos in the world! And the coolest eggs... even if they are a little fragile! : )

Sorry I couldn't experience that drool string in person. Wowsers!

NACJMAC said...

Oh, I miss the Kristie laugh! I had a few good laughs at this post though. You are so cute, and that little Levi. He is soooo precious. He looks like a doll- so darling. That hair, oh my goodness. I can't wait to come spend sometime with you this summer. We need to catch up! Amy

Jenn said...

I see why he is the main attractions! He is way cute! looks fun but I don't think I have the patcience to paint that nice of eggs!

Tara said...

Oh, how I miss you all!!! And I love that you took a picture of your saliva, and then posted it! THat takes humility!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Those are really nice eggs. He has a good talent making them. Sorry that yours ended on the couch.