Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

My first mother's day was memorable. Ryan brought baby-Eva in to wake me up. He held her, hovering over my pillow in bed, and said "happy mother's day mama!" And as I turned to smile at her, she threw up on my face.

Y'know... today was better. :) It was the sweetest mother's day of my life. Ryan made us all a delicious breakfast and we got to church early. The girls sang to me in sacrament meeting, they made me really cute pictures and paper flowers, and Ryan got me a hanging petunia basket and his sweet card made me cry. And they all humored my request for pictures in the backyard.

Angelface here wasn't so awesome at church. It was his first official day in nursery and he brought shame on the whole family! :) Apparently, the fact that Ryan and I went out of town this past week (that post is to come) made him a little insecure about being LEFT anywhere... He fell apart. I couldn't believe it when someone came to get me. But as I neared the nursery, I could hear him, wailing! Is that MY SON??? I'll admit that wiping away his little tears and having him cling to me like a monkey was rather lovely. He needs me after all!

To my own mother,
Thank you. I hope none of my kids put me through it like I did you. But I ended up okay.
A million thanks for getting me here-you're a guiding light for me and countless others. I love you!








p.s. while I was in the bedroom posting this stuff, Ryan was crafting a never-to-be-topped Mother's day dinner. We started off with a spinach salad (vinaigrette, feta, pecan, bacon), and garlic rubbed cracked wheat artisan bread. The next course was perfectly warm creamed mushroom soup (we're not talking campbells here people, it was amazing!), as I polished my bowl off, I realized I should have grabbed my camera in the beginning, but at least I was able to get proof of what followed. Marinated (in something divine) salmon, cedar smoked with peppers and onions. Holy Moley. Why am I the designated cook?


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful day! Ryan did so great spoiling you. And your backyard pictures are precious. Happy Mothers Day.

Ang said...

What a husband! And that little boy would melt anyone's heart. Your girls are adorable - I can only imagine their personalities to match their cuteness. And you don't look like you've given birth to three!! You look simply amazing and oh how I miss you Friend. I've got 2012 in the books. Wish it was sooner, but I'll take whatever I can get. We need to do at least two hikes AND have a nice sit down chat with some yummy food! Love you.. and Happy MOther's Day.

Donnie and Christina said...

WOW!!! you have an AMAZING Hubby and kiddos! Happy Mother's day!

Louise said...

Whoa, Ryan is THE MAN! Kristie, you look so cute! I'm glad you had such a good day, you deserve it.

theamazingjohnsons said...

That dinner looks amazing. Is he some kind of professional chef or something?? Your pictures are so cute and you look so pretty in them!

{Alynn} said...

Your children are beautiful.
You are beautiful.
That dinner is beautiful.
Beautiful!!!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Kristie, you have a sweet husband... flowers, card, dinner. You got spoiled :o)You are a great Mom!!!