Ryan was in Ohio for a month and came home the day before our nine year anniversary (there was divine intervention there, I do believe). And thanks to a marvelously wonderful gal in my ward who was willing to watch my three children (count them. one, two, three.) so that I could get away with Ryan, for TWO NIGHTS, we celebrated in style!!
We went to Leavenworth
And our main goal was to blend in with the locals. So, we spent a lot of time at the shops, and ate a lot of german food. Mmmm... weiner schnitzel. I think the camera I had strapped to my body 24/7 blew our cover in the end. Dang.
Ryan looked pretty fierce in his spidey glasses. I kept my distance and used the zoom.
I tried to look intimidating as well... and I think the other customers were afraid. I noticed them all shuffling out of the store in a chaotic way when I put the glasses on. I was like "wait, no! People! I'm a friend!" but it was too late.
(those people behind me in the picture are mannequins, they weren't scared.)
+(2).jpg)
This is outside the bed and breakfast. It was a really pretty place. And, not to get all crazy with the camera details, but I used a ten second timer on this one. Skills.
This basement market was pretty fun. The employees were really enthusiastic about cheese! They fed us samples until lunch was unnecessary. Apparently there's more to cheese than havarti and muenster. Who knew?
And super-dope (the bear) was getting a little fresh with his hand on my leg. Ryan had to beat him up after he took the picture. It was only right.
We went on some beautiful hikes. It was nice to not have the kids (Molly) complaining about walking "forever."
And I about died laughing at this t-shirt. I would buy one if I wasn't too scared to wear it. :)
Okay, a little more tribute to Mardi is in order here. I never have understood that innate charity some people possess for other people's children. I barely have it for my own. just kidding. :) She claims to have had fun with them and I came back to an immaculate house. As she left, Levi was yelling, desperately "maree? go??" over and over. She was a hit.
Thank you Mardi! and Sydnee!
10 comments:
I LOVE Leavenworth. But at Christmas time-- so glorious!
SO fun for you two!
Mmmm German food (mouth drooling). Happy Anniversary! What a sweet friend you have, sounds like you had a great time!
what a fun life you have! good job to ryan for all the surprises and fun stuff he does for you! adorable kids, adorable you, i miss you! -jess
Yeah!!! I found your blog!! I'm so not a blogger girl! but your so sweet to say those kind words about me! your silly!! BTW... How are "my kid's"....haha I want them again!! So LEAVE ALREADY!!!
Kristie! You are lovely, beautiful, and really quite funny! Love the spider man glasses! I'm glad you had a nice anniversary =)
What a fun getaway for you! Where is this German town? I really want to go... seriously. I love cheese and meat. What an awesome friend you have. And husband. And you are beautiful. Period.
What a great getaway. Looks like so much fun. I am glad you were able to spend some time with just Ryan. Happy 9 years!
What a fun little getaway, it looks beautiful there! I bet the kids just loved Mardi, how could you not?! Oh I miss you and hope I can come back and visit you real soon.
That place is so beautiful. What a great place to go for your anniversary. BTW your kids are not hard to watch :o)
I want that shirt
Post a Comment