Wednesday, April 14, 2010

While the cat's away...


So, it has been just sad, sad, sad having Ryan gone for weeks on end. We don't like it. One way I avoid clinical depression is by filling my calendar with events, like throwing a pajama party at my house. I'm not generally a party thrower, and when I have people over, it's usually 4-5 people max. I have a small house. This time however, I had 14 awesome girls come and we threw blankets and pillows on the floor so we could all hang out in the same room.


It was SO MUCH fun! We listened to teenager music, played games, ate lots of delicious food, dyed hair, painted nails, and watched Princess Bride (not that anyone actually watched it). The last of the partyers left at 3:15am. I was too wired to sleep until around 4:30, and I have been slowly recovering ever since! so worth it. :) I love you, friends!

My kids were awesome. We made an agreement that if they didn't come out of their room even once, they could have some (nasty) sugar cereal (molly picked out) in the morning. Not a peep! the entire night!

10 comments:

Hambone Jacobs said...

Is this the party I wasn't invited to? I love you. Looks like fun. I wish I had house so I could host something fun like that. I can't wait to see you in November. I miss you.

Sara :-) said...

Oh how fun!!! How come I wasn't invited? I might have flown out just for that! It sounds like you guys had so much fun! Your envious friend, sara :-)

Sara :-) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Alynn} said...

Looks like a BLAST!!! I'm sorry you've been lonely with Ryan gone, I had no idea. Can I come to the next one???

Donnie and Christina said...

We had a BLAST!!! Everyone is still talking about it! Cute haircuts you did too!

Jess said...

looks like fun! if i had 14 friends in the vicinity i would totally do the same thing! where did ryan-pants go? weird question- is your cute tree and birdie vinyl? i have almost the exact same set up on my wall, but mine is going the other way towards my mirror, not coming out of it. i made it myself out of some twig-like berry christmas garlands. i think yours looks better! love ya! -jessica christensen- your friend

Jess said...

oh you don't have a bird. how do i delete my last comment... anyway.... your tree on your wall is cool. -jessica christensen....................

Jeni said...

Thanks for an awesome night! I love my highlights too! So much fun!

The Wilson's said...

I NEED you to come over and do that same thing to me! Who needs the cat to be away? I'm personally requesting a blog teaching night, and a highlighting night all in one! I'm calling you for tips, just be prepared!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Sorry that I missed it!!! Every one that I have talked to had so much fun... you have to do it again :o) I promise I'll be there this time ;o)