Have you ever woken your kids up at 5:00am and given them three chances to guess why? It's a favorite pastime around here... keeps 'em on their toes. :) Just kidding. But a couple weeks ago, we did just that, and handed the girls mickey mouse t shirts as a clue.
Eva's first guess was "new underpants?"
what..?
good guess... -but no cigar. (I'd love to blame her silly answer on early morning grogginess, but anyone acquainted with Eva would see right through that! :)
Before the third guess, we told them we were going somewhere. That's when the light came on and Eva said "DISNEYLAND??" what a great guess! When we answered in the affirmative, Molly squealed "you're so NICE!!" All day long, I'd overhear them saying "I can't believe we're going to Disneyland!" and "this is the best day of my life!" etc.. Exactly what we were hoping for.
So, they put on their shirts, we passed out the breakfast of champions (pop tarts) and headed to the airport.
My sister Shannon lives in California, not too far from D-land (that's gangster slang), which was such a bonus! We got to visit them for the first time ever as a family. The kids were equally excited about that, and they had a lot of fun, slumber-partying with their cousins for a week.
We have looked forward to this vacation for two years and it was AWESOME! I have always had the impression that I went to Disneyland as a kid, but all I actually remember is being left with a babysitter... hm. My mom warned me that the girls wouldn't remember either, so I was sure to take LOTS of pictures as proof!
First day we were there, the cousins played and I got to meet my new niece, Sydney. She is so sweet.
The next day, the kids played in the backyard.
Levi contemplating his next move..
I love the grim look of determination as he soared through the air...
And here he is hanging on the rim.
On Wednesday it was warm and sunny enough to actually go to Disneyland!!
So, we did.
It's a Small World! It was a favorite for all of us.
This was Tom Sawyer's Island. Pretty fun when I wasn't worried about losing the kids.
Levi was so good.. He was better behaved than I was! He even took an afternoon nap!
The parade/dance party was so much fun! We almost didn't go, because -a parade?? lame. But this was no ordinary parade. We loved it!
The girls even got suckers to finish the night off with a sugar high.
and the inevitable sugar low. :)
The next day we went to Laguna Beach. It was as beautiful as it could possibly be.
Eva learns a valuable lesson about sand.
"not to put it on our eyes... it stings."
That apple fell in the sand over and over, but Levi wasn't concerned.
Next day: Back to Disneyland!
All that drinking really wore her out!
Little Miss Grateful must've thanked us 40 times while we were there. Really sweet.
Disneyland reality check:
Molly was exhausted that second day and she fell asleep on the ground while we waited for the fireworks.
The day after Disneyland, we went to visit Ryan's cousins in Fountain Valley. We've wanted to get our kids together for some time now, and it was awesome how well they all got along. They were really sad to leave their new friends.
And this is the day we left, the girls were so exhausted, they took a nap before we took off for the airport. Just looking at that picture gives me a cramp in my neck.
and what trip would be complete without the security pat down?
of course, Eva really enjoyed the attention, so it actually was a bonus for her.. :)
And that was our trip!

11 comments:
First of all I want to tell you that I love your header picture!!! It's great. I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed your vacation. What a great surprise for the kids. Love all the pics.
Fun! I'm so jealous! I'm glad you guys had such a good time.
By the way, I LOVE your family picture!
I wish I could've been there with you guys! What good kids to thank their parents so much. I do miss that Dland. Yeah I said it, cuz I'm gangsta like dat! =)
What a fun trip! Love it! "You're so nice!"
Hello!! What, did we miss each other by just a week? Don't tell me you were there at the same time.. what would be the chances? I too loved the parade.. and I'm totally not a parade person. But that was seriously one of my favorite parts of the trip. So glad you were able to go. It looks/sounds like the girls at least will never forget it.
Thank you for coming!!! Unforgetable. We miss you all.
Yay! So much fun! We just did the exact same vacation. I love that you guys surprised your girls the morning of. What a great idea. It looks like you guys made the most of your time there. Love it! And Laguna Beach is absolutely beautiful, I agree. Glad you guys had a great time.
Oh so fun! I think I am jealous. We can't wait to get there with our boys. And how fun that you did not tell them until the morning you woke them up. Great idea! Your girls are beautiful and your little man it adorable. Glad you had a good time.
Sooooo much better than new underpants.
Did Levi do a little "ohh, ahh" on demand there? I think I'm in love.
Oh, and I miss you like crazy.
Wow Kristie! You are such an entertaining blogger!(Underpants? Really Eva?). Love your summer post and your Disneyland post. How fun! Maybe if I start saving my pennies, we could go to D-land in a couple of years too!
I just gotta tell you how awesome that must be! Great memories, great surprise, and great pictures! I love those kids!! They are growing up so fast and you are gorgeous! I love and miss you and you need to invite us to go with you next time, because we wanna go BAD!
Post a Comment