Thursday, July 1, 2010

Signs of Summer

Want a closer look?


This little girl takes after her mother. In highschool I was nicknamed "mexi feet" I never knew for sure, but I think everyone was jealous.

We spend more time with friends and the days are so much longer!
You know, I think a leaky sand bucket is a pretty good indication that we've crossed over from frugal to just plan CHEAP.

In the northwest, it is common to see a person in sandals, shorts (or in Molly's case, always a skirt) and a furry coat. We think:  "maybe if I wear summer clothes, it will feel like summer outside. But it probably won't, so I'll wear my coat."
This is Molly's rock lady (the rock to the left is her purse. -obviously.)
Boys are different from us. Can you see the simple thoughts in their heads? ..I can.
light.
water.
I grin because there is a boy on my shoulders.


Don't judge me. I can't remember why he was wearing this outfit, but I feel certain I had a great excuse.
Another trip to the lake, don't forget your jackets.
Why get dressed? It's SUMMER!
This is Levi's typical position at the front window staring longingly out at his sisters riding bikes and scooters in the front.
Eva's organic jewelry. She's going to set up a booth at the end of our lane. These past 7 years or so, she seemed so aimless in her occupational pursuits. Her father and I were a little worried. But I think she's finally found her callling. We're so proud.




7 comments:

Ang said...

Organic Jewelry. Love it. That Levi is just so dang cute. And Molly's rock lady. Your girls have quite the imaginations. You don't need to worry too much about them. Mexi Feet, huh? Nice.

Carrie said...

You always make me laugh when I read your captions. You are too too funny! Love how you captured summer:) Wait? Is it summer? The rain and coat I am wearing today have me wondering...

{Alynn} said...

Mexi feet!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Our buckets leak too. All. of. them. I'd hate for the kiddos to fight over a new one. ;)

Sara :-) said...

Kristie...what can I say? I miss you all so much! It looks like you are having a great summer. Give the kiddos a hug for me! I wish I was there instead of here in crazy circumstances! I am so done with drama. I need a vacation. Not going to happen any time soon I'm afraid :-( I will call you next week when I'm home. Love to you all!

just dandee said...

Definitely love those signs of summer. The pictures capture it perfectly. Mexi-feet? Really? Wow!! Too funny. Glad to be able to keep up with your cute family.

Shannon said...

Awesome. I love the pic of Dad and Levi - not to mention the very accurate caption. You are obviously having so much fun with your lens! Such darling photos. I wish we lived closer. :( xoxo

Jeremy and Immer said...

Kristie, I love every single picture! your kids make me smile... specially Levi, he is adorable.