Ya, I don't really feel that dramatic about it, but it is pretty hard.
Picking up Eva from school will go down in family lore as definitely classic-Eva Jane. And the tale will be told like this: I sat in the carpool line up for about ten minutes and when I arrived at the pickup point the man with the loudspeaker yelled for Eva. No answer. I didn't see her anywhere either. So, he had me pull off to the side while he contacted the office. You can imagine the panicked feelings I was trying hard to repress. Her name went out over the PA. No response. A few minutes later, he informed me that Eva was in the bathroom (and had been for twenty minutes) and I'd need to park and pick her up in her classroom. I did, and met her and her teacher halfway. Mrs. Angeline assured me there was nothing she could do or say to hurry Eva off the toilet-- but, I needed no explanation. The girl is a daydreamer, singer, actress and her favorite stage is the toilet. She takes an eternity-which has proven near fatal on several occasions in our one-bathroom house. Of course her most major malfunction would be brought to light on her first day of school!
12 comments:
I just can not believe Eva is in Kindergarten! Ahhh!!! That's hilarious about her and her after-school story. That definitely goes down in the books! I hope she really likes school!!
that is the best first day of school outfit ever.
She is growing up so fast!!! So cliche, I know. I can totally see Eva as being the teacher's favorite girl in class since she's so dang cute, smart, and well-behaved! Every Kindergarten teacher's dream! I love her outfit and hair!
Oh I love that Eva she has always been in her own special world and it seems like a fun place. Time flies from now on Pacey is 7-I am freaking out.
I wish I could have been there to experience that with you!!! How hilarious. I know the panic thing though well!!!
Wow Eva is amazing. She is so cute she will never be in trouble!!!Hug the kids for me. See you soon (next year, but soon right!!!)
Happy first day Eva!!! Glad all the drama happened on the first day so that the rest of the year will be easy!
I completly know what you mean! When Seri went to Kinder it was hard for me to realize and accept that she was not so dependent on me anymore, that other people were capable of taking care of her and that she would have good relationships with them that did not include me.
Congrats to Eva on being a big Kindergartener and to Kristie for surviving! You do tell a dramatic tale, I love it! Your writing is just like hearing you talk and it make me miss you! By the way, what's up with "Ryan's Baby" on the countdown, did he do that????
Funny story about Eva and the potty. Remember that when she's a broadway star someday. :-)
Oh kris.... I love this blog of yours! I need more pictues!
I too have a daughter who uses the toilet as her stage!!! Singing, dancing, daydreaming, and it always seems to happen when we are in a hurry trying to go somewhere. Good to know my Jenna isn't alone in her love of the bathroom.
your school does a PA thing to get the kids to come? that sounds neat, we just have a neighbor boy who is in second grade pick out kids up and walk them to our designated parking place, thank goodness we belong to a carpool so I only have to drive 4 times instead of all 10! sad days, I was very sad and nervous that first day, but of course she loves it!
She was for sure the cutest girl in school that day (and every other day). I love her hair!
Post a Comment