Sunday, September 21, 2008

Molly's 4th Birthday

We partied hard yesterday. My sister Amber is in town (a party in itself), so she came with me to a shower my friend Tiffany threw for me. It was really fun and I appreciate so much the gifts my friends brought for the baby! Boy stuff is really cute-the colors are adorable. Thanks to all of you! 


When I got home, we all headed for Chuck E. Cheese. I was pretty full (thanks to the yummy food at the shower) and ready for a nap (thanks to the delicious pecan pie Carrie made for me), but we needed to get there before the evening rush. Chuck E. Cheese apparently doesn't have a down time. It was absolute madness there. Ryan and I don't remember it being so trashy when we were kids, but then, the girls didn't seemed phased by the overall filth and chaos. Molly got 20 free tokens for her birthday, the lady threw in an extra ten, and everything there is one token. So, the girls got to play/ride on everything they wanted and we didn't spend a dime. When we were nearing the end of our supply, we decided to take our business elsewhere for dinner. We bought a delicious pizza at our favorite place (The Rock), picked up some root beer and came home to eat.

We worked off dinner by playing our birthday-traditional "balloon game" for an hour or so, Molly opened her presents and then we had cake and ice cream. It was a great day!
No hands!! (Eva is such a daredevil)
Again, the fearlessness...
Could this ride be any lamer? I can't even lift my arms in here...
Molly's favorite gift-Eva got her some strawberry (pink) Whoppers.



14 comments:

Christy said...

Such cute girls! I can't believe Molly is 4 now. And hooray for baby boys! When are you due?

By the way, it made me sad to recognize Lake Washington behind you in that big picture at the top of your blog. We miss living there, and hanging out with you guys. Hope you're doing well!

Sara :-) said...

Happy Birthday Molly!!! you are adorable. I miss you so much. I will never get sick of you!!! Until next time hug your mom extra for me!!!

Tara said...

Wow! They grow up so fast!!! I love love love your belly pic at the top. You're beautiful!

Louise said...

I love the new title pic for your blog! You are so cute! I can't believe Molly is 4, time goes by so fast. Alaina has that same Disney Princess cd player and it drives me nuts! Hope your pregnancy is going well. Can't wait to see pics of your little boy.

Marleepatts said...

Molly is not 4-I remember making you let me hold her all through relief society I am going to pretend that she is that old forever.
PS I love the new pic uptop it is so pretty.

Lewis Family said...

Happy Birthday Molly! Holy cow she's four already!! Glad you had a good baby shower. Wish I could have been there too!!

just dandee said...

Christy! I saw your blog on Christy Jacobs' (the other one-Bruce's wife)blog. Hooray! I am so happy to see how you are doing. Another baby? Hooray! A BOY! Even more Hooray! I love the belly pic at the top of your blog. So great! Your girls are beautiful! Happy Birthday to Molly! She has really grown up! We hope we can see you guys again sometime soon. Until then, please come visit us on our blog!

theamazingjohnsons said...

Happy Birthday to my friend MOlly! I'm glad you enjoyed your shower. You certainly got some cute things!

Ang said...

I love the pic of Molly with all of her gifts. My mom always did that for Birthdays and Christmas. What a great picture on your template! How far along are you?

Carrie said...

looks like everyone likes your blog picture. YEAH! You looked so cute, and it made me so happy to take your pics:) I'll EVENTUALLY get the rest to you. Haha!

NACJMAC said...

Ohh, I miss you guys so much! It makes me so sad I couldn't be there for your shower! I do have something I'm working on for you though- Molly is precious! I miss those little faces. I LOVE the picture of your belly- So neat! Love you love you!

Hambone Jacobs said...

Oh the fun we had... I miss you beautiful friend. I wish that we could live closer but alas... we don't. Sadness. :) I love your blog. Tell the beauties I said 'Ola and that I miss their cute bums. :) Love you Chee Chee.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Molly! What an adorable kid... love her! Miss you guys, love the new picts - such a brave woman you are! Counting down the days??? : )

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Seriously, that belly shot is amazing. I wish I was there to rub that round belly (you'd love that, I'm sure :)) How did you perfectly fit "our little life" into that spot? Anyway, happy birthday Molly! I can't believe she is 4, she really is the cutest. Miss you guys!