Two Saturdays ago, my friend Celia (pictured below-she's pretty)
threw me a shower, and invited everyone that I know and love from church. It was incredible and moved me to tears because I felt so loved and supported/spoiled by her, and all the lovely ladies there.
Then, this past Saturday, my friend Carrie (also pretty, and pictured below) threw me a "Got Milk?" themed baby shower that was really fun and absolutely adorable.
her clever idea and creativity was featured all over the blogging world -here's her post
http://rowdystroudy.blogspot.com/2011/03/got-milk-baby-shower.html
if you are thinking "whoa, her belly is HUGE" you aren't the thousandth person to do so/say so. It's not my fault! :) My baby is large and I have double the usual amniotic fluid, which together equal an overstretched uterus that thinks it's been time for labor since late January. Lots of painful and unnecessary contractions here..My cute mom is here to relieve me of my duties until the baby comes and for a while afterward as well. I am so blessed to have such a generous mother and that her schedule permitted her to come for an extended stay. I need her!! Because my little one isn't so little, my dr. wants to do an amniocentesis on Monday and if the baby's lungs are healthy, he'll deliver her Tuesday morning! It's only three days earlier than my scheduled c-section, but I am not about to complain.
Prayers please! :)







6 comments:
Whoa, I can't believe the time has come for you to have this baby! So excited for you. And yes, your belly is quite big BUT you look fabulous! I balloon all over the place. You're beautiful my friend and can't wait to see how cute this baby looks! Best of wishes the next few days.
I'm not sure I can forgive you for putting that picture of me up. I thought it was amazing that I put I put on MY blog...
Alas, I can't get mad at you dear friend.
You're just too huge.
:)
Golly I love you, but, confession: I saw that belly shot and immediately declared, "TODD! I CHANGED MY MIND!" ...and then he laughed at me and said 1) it's too late, 2) I get that big anyway. Why didn't you TELL ME!?! You're beautiful. I miss you like crazy. I'll be thinking and praying for you every minute. I can't wait to see that big beautiful baby in there!!! You go big mama!
So close! So excited for you and how wonderful to have such great friends who throw such cute baby showers. Love you tons! You're in my prayers. :)
you are spoiled.... i love it! such cute baby shower ideas! i'm glad you have such support! i'm excited for you and your new little one--- your long lost friend, jessica christensen... ;)
I'm feeling a little left out here...I want to be the one throwing you amazing showers and holding that baby! But on a more supportive and less pouty note,I'm glad that you have great friends that love you! You look adorable-even if that baby is huge!
Post a Comment