Monday, February 14, 2011

Pregnancy and Me

I have spent many, many a month in my life truly desperate to be pregnant. But you know, the maternity bliss has pretty much worn off. I just can't put my finger on why... Given the months of nausea, acid reflux, weight gain, random muscle cramping, exhaustion, hip aches, cervical soreness, other bodily abnormalities that I won't mention publicly (but have no shame talking about in person), post partum hair/boob/body-shape loss.... it's inexplicable!

At least I'm totally foxy. I mean, nothing screams "she is so hot!" like not being able to get out of the van even when I'm parked a reasonable distance from another vehicle, -and really, just exiting a van alone is pretty hot, especially if a sippy cup falls out into a puddle as your three children pile out behind you, tripping over their belongings as they go.

love it!

p.s. there aren't a whole lot of pictures being taken of me lately (for obvious reasons), but it was unavoidable on my birthday two days ago, so here's one of Levi sneaking Lightning McQueen into my new pumping bustier. Not a bad spot for him, really... we like to keep that car handy. :)

p.p.s. this hands free pumping bra is going to revolutionize the nursing world! it's the stuff of dreams!

8 comments:

Louise said...

Wow that is awesome! I wish I had one of those my last pregnancy. :)
I can't believe it's only a month away before your sweet baby arrives. Can't wait to see her!

theamazingjohnsons said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. What a bad friend I am. I love it when you update your blog. You're so funny! I'm very excited to hear more about this fab bra! Call me soon. Not necessarily to talk about the bra, but because I miss you.

{Alynn} said...

Super Happy Birthday wishes to you, you superhotsexymama you! Thanks for reminding me of all the greatness I have in store as my pregnancy (yep, you read THAT right!) progresses. I totally forgot the horrible trapped in my own van feeling. I actually had to crawl around out the sliding door once. Glorious. But YOU, darling, are as beautiful as ever, and I love you to pieces and miss you tons. All that is totally gonna be so worth it. Your children are even cuter thatn my own -- and that's sayin' somethin'! lol LOVE YA!

Carrie said...

I CANNOT believe I missed your birthday. Does it count that I have spent that past week planning your shower? Oh I hope so. Because you are HOT, and I want to remind you of that;)

Christensen said...

my friend! how are you? love the new look, bra over clothes. happy bday and i miss you!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Happy Belated B-day! Us Barnhurst's are the worst with each others' birthdays - sorry!!! One month to go until baby Suzanna (?) is here - so exciting! It just makes me sad that I don't know when I'm going to meet her. That bra does seem pretty amazing. Keep up the hotness.

Stephanie said...

Hehe...I love it! Yes, I completely understand all of this post. Happy Birthday by the way! And I am so excited to hear about your little girl. We need to get together after we have both recovered. Gotta love C-sections right. Miss you!

Lillian J. White said...

My darling friend-you ALWAYS make me laugh out loud! It makes me miss you terribly! HAppy belated birthday to HANDS DOWN the FOXIEST woman (pregnant or not) that i know! You look amazing! Looks like your sweet girl will arrive one week before my little man (March 23 cesarean). We are almost there! And i still need your phone number!!! Love you!