Thursday, December 9, 2010

a big blur

Life just keeps accelerating, doesn't it?? I forgot that I even had a blog, and a number of other much more important things have also been forgotten as I've been zooming through the past several weeks of my life. I should probably mention that we're having a girl. -wait, let me type that again.

We're having A GIRL!!!! and yes, I can truly say that with enthusiasm now. Almost every morning, when she is practicing her martial arts on my vital organs, and I can no longer sleep because I am so giddy thinking about her- I am truly thrilled at the prospect! We found out a couple months ago, and it was a little bit of an adjustment, mentally. We had really convinced ourselves that a boy was the only way to wrap up the family... But! I can't wait to hold and love my sweet little girl. Maybe she'll stay sweet and little, even though none of the other kids have managed to... :) 

In other news, Ryan has been gone a lot since October. He was in Ohio a few weeks, then came home for a week or so, then off to England for a few weeks, then home for a few days before he started working 14 hours a day and sleeping in the off hours. We have really missed him. This week was back to normal, but we all got sick with the stomach flu. yay.

Anyway, while Ryan was gone, I had a nice long visit with my mom. Followed by a nice, short visit with my sister Amber.







We had a snow storm while my mom was here, it was so much fun! She and I attempted to make a fire in the fireplace, and were reminded of our femininity/dependence on our eagle scouts when all attempts failed and were scoffed at by the children.

"mom? I think you need to add more fire..." was something I heard at least three times. I finally told the girls to go to their rooms and they could come out when the fire was going. Are you wondering if they're still in there? Me too.

and speaking of keeping the kids contained, we keep this wild thing chained in the back. you should hear him snarling and fighting his bonds at the gate! no need for a security system here..
the girls made some jewelry with Amber.

And Levi watched football with his auntie. Now Levi asks me when I open my laptop "watch football, mom?" and I have to disappoint him every time. thanks, am.

The day Amber left, our old neighbor Yvonne (from growing up) came by to visit and take Amber to the airport. It was really great to see her after so many years.
this pic was taken last week at a church Christmas celebration. I love it! You may recognize levi, eva, molly, me, and that's good king wenceslas to my right. he is so cute!

Merry Christmas! I love this time of year.



7 comments:

Sara :-) said...

Oh what fun! And look at your cute belly! It looks like you have had a lot of fun this last month(despite the absence of your "eagle scout" :-) Good for you! Love you and miss you all!

meghan said...

Kristie....I have been stocking this blog for months waiting for a confirmation of the gender!!! how dare you make me wait so long! jk kamie told me!!! Oh a sweet little girl! You kinda sounded like me coming to girps with Scout being a boy! I wouldn't change it for the world!(or would I?) I still long for a sweet girl! So as you hold that sweet little babe when SHE arrives you just remember how blessed you are!!! and if you decide that you want to send her to my family....I would LOVE you Forever for it! Not to mention your girls are breathtakingly beautiful so this might not be a bad deal! Ok I am rambling forgive me! Seriously though...congrats on the sweet girl! And Merry Christmas!
Love, Meg

Marleepatts said...

Oh how happy I am that I am able to finally hear about your life..I miss you and all of your hilariousness.

Jess said...

aw i love your mom. and your sis too. congrats on baby girl! i miss you and love you! sorry ryan has been gone, it is tough i know. merry christmas!

Stephanie said...

Oh you are the cutest! Yay for a little girl! I love all the pics but especially the one of Levi. Ryan must be so busy with work, I am so glad you got to have family come. Hope you are feeling good!

Michelle said...

Love your blog, love you!

Brie said...

congrats on another little girl...yeah for you, you totally look HOT by the way! When are we going to stop being on a break and play together? we need to come visit you...my brother now lives in maple valley-i need me some kristie time...and a butt slap. loves