Thursday, September 16, 2010

Firsts

Eva had her adenoids removed yesterday, and tubes put in her ears. She has been excited about her surgery for weeks! I have plenty of video of her gabbing away about the thrill of her "first surgery!" 
This is how she looked after they gave her the hot pink vodka (or whatever it was) to get her to relax. She was a little loopy for a while-so funny. I sent her off without the slightest problem. However, when I came into the recovery room, I had a little difficulty keeping my feet under me. She was scared by how the drugs made her feel, her throat hurt, and she couldn't keep from crying (which is a big no-no after a throat surgery). I had never seen her like that, and apparently it was very subconsciously disturbing, so I ended up in the recliner, with my legs elevated, drinking apple juice for 15 minutes! Never saw it coming. I blame the pregnancy entirely! :)


Though my husband and daughters don't agree with me, I say that the mohawk was a mistake. He just doesn't look like Levi. He looks like a terror. It makes all his stinkering even more stinkerish.


 But it brought out the opera singer in him, which should relieve us of his college expenses.
he sings with such intensity and emotion!


A couple weeks ago, my little Molly decided to grow up and go to school.  I didn't let her see me cry. 
She has Eva's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Angeline, and is loving it. She was more than ready for school, she'll be six next week!
no time for hemming pants when you buy them the night before school starts...
And Eva went to school too. I didn't cry.
and neither did she.


but Levi needed a little comforting. And where better to find it than in the bin of Molly's fall clothes? Fetal position, no less. :)

9 comments:

Sara :-) said...

Oh man do I miss you guys!!! I love all the pictures. Your kiddos are so beautiful (and handsome of course!)!!! So very grown up. It hasn't been that long since I've seen you has it? I hope that Eva feels better soon! and that Levi doesn't terrorize you for long :-) although that stage is inevitable (sorry, but true). I love you all. Give my buddies hugs from me!

Jeremy and Immer said...

I'm sorry that you were not feeling good after Eva's surgery... and I agreed with you "it's the pregnancy" :o) Why did you cut Levi's hair like that??? Molly and Eva looked so happy going to school. It's hard to see them go for the first time :o( (for Molly). I love the last picture of Levi :o)

Stephanie said...

Oh how much I miss seeing your kiddos. They are so stinkin cute. Hope Eva has recovered well from her surgery. Molly looks so grown up and just beautiful. I hope she loves school. Hope you are feeling well!

theamazingjohnsons said...

Eva looks so cute in her sugery attire! I love that she was so excited about it.
I didn't cry this year on the first day of school...I'm worried about what that says about me. :)

Shannon said...

Kristie,
I didn't realize you were for sure having her tonsils out. Is she feeling better today? I sure hope it does the job! ;) Also, I have to agree...Levi's hair needs to come back...SOON. I love him to pieces but he doesn't look like your cute little guy. So there's my vote. I love the pictures of the first day of school. You have absolutely darling kids. We miss you guys so much...all of us.

Jenn said...

I remember when Kate had her tonsils and adenoids out, she was so out of it and inconsolable right after, then she threw up the whole way home in the car from the pain meds. not fun! but we got past it and she went from having strep 6 times in 2 months to not having it again so far in two years! amazing. hope she is all better now!

Lillian J. White said...

My darling kristie! What a great woman you are and I can't get over how much of your personality I can see in the photos of your beautiful kids! I keep thinking how we need to get together and realized I have no way to contact you other than our blogs. Can you send me your phone number? My email is. Staciaj1@gmail.com. Can't wait!!! So excited for your coming addition! We r having babies together! :). Love you!!!!

The Wilson's said...

I love your blog! It's so funny! I try to be like you on mine, but I fall pathetically short...Anyways, the kids are so cute! I love the mohawk, the girls are simply gorgeous and you are totally normal for wanting to pass out at that surgery. It sucks.

riggs family said...

kristie i love you!!! I love how funny, sweet, andcaring you are! I always laugh when i read the comments on your blog! your kids are super cute too!!!!