Well, my 30th birthday was straight out of someone else's life. I knew Ryan was the greatest husband in the world, but words just fail to describe my feelings for him since Friday. He threw me a surprise birthday party!! And I had NO IDEA. I've cried at least ten times just thinking about it. He thought of everything. Invitations (see pic below-he's not 100% sugar), appetizers, dinner for everyone, games/movies for the kids and adults, coordinating balloons, flowers, streamers and flatware... I am not kidding. Everything was beautiful. Does this sound like Ryan to anyone who knows him? Craziness! I wish I could've seen him planning it all. How adorable.


When he made me put on the blindfold, I formulated a few theories. The kids were with us, so I thought we were going to the Family Fun Center. Then we stopped somewhere for ten minutes and when Ryan got back in the car, it smelled like delicious food. So, I thought someone had made us dinner. But when I got out of the van, I thought we were at the beach. It was so wet, and windy and just had the feel of the beach, so I began preparing myself to put on a good face about eating in an open-air gazebo in the middle of February. I'm so glad that wasn't our destination. :)
Ryan originally planned to hold the party at a much larger place and invite everyone we know, but that venue didn't work out. There were many friends we both would've loved to share the occasion with, but Ryan didn't want to overwhelm the Nelsons, who were so generous to offer their house for the party. I hope everyone who did and didn't attend knows how much I love them. And thank you all for loving me.


16 comments:
Wow. What a sweet man you have. And these Nelson's sound like great people themselves. So glad to hear you had a happy happy birthday. Can you believe we're the big 3-0? (I will be in about two weeks). Crazy. Hey, I saw that you went to Stacia's wedding. You're the bestest friend ever. She looked so pretty... and so did you! Love ya friend.
There is nothing better than when our husbands remind us why we love them.
How SWEET! Love the invitation, HA! Happy 30th, Kristie!
How absolutely fun and sweet. Wow- go Ryan! Wish I could've been there- hope you had a great birthday! Love and miss you so much!
What a sweet husband you have! Words cannot express how much I love the invitation. I love you and I like you!
Happy Birthday! What a great hubby you have. He did such a nice job.
Ryan, you are fantastic. Seriously. Kristie, I love you to bits. Wish I could have been there. Two states is TOO far away!
Happy Birthday Kristie!! Wish we were still there to celebrate with you. I miss you and think about you often. Ryan is so sweet to put all of that together:)
oh that is sweet!
wow that is really sweet! I don't think that came from the Barnhurst side. (At least my dad doesn't do things like that.)
Ryan won the best-husband of the year award! He did a fantastic job organizing everything for you. We had a great time celebrating your 30th birthday. Love you!
happy late bday. i heart you!! i'll have to forward your blog to russell...snaps to ryan
That man needs an award! That is the sweetest... I never would have thought he would have done something like that but at the same time.... He did woo you with flowers while he was teching, did he not?
dude you have a lot of blog readers.. It was so fun! I am so glad that Ryan "remembered me" and we were able to share that moment with you!
Happy birthday! Congrats! What a fun day---yahoo for Ryan! You are so great and hope you have 30 more fabulous years! Love ya lots!
Monique
How awesome! Inform him, would you, that for your 40th birthday party, I would totally like an invitation. Congratulations on being 30 and for having a great husband!
Post a Comment