If I were going to write a song about my old vacuum, it would go something like this:
you were old when I bought you
you were loud when I used you
I had to wear professional grade noise-canceling muffs
that I hung on your handle when you were in the closet
the sound of your motor
scattered children and neighbors alike
I would love to say that all the noise
indicated great sucking performance,
but I tell the truth, even about my appliances.
you were louder than a leaf-blower
and about as effective at picking things up.
Your cord was worn through,
so we patched it with electrical tape
you didn't stay upright,
so ryan tried to fix that with duct tape.
but you still fell over every time I used the hose.
your body was cracked, and you were ugly.
I was not a fan.
I have a NEW vacuum, now
so you have been demoted to
garage-vacuum.
p.s. don't feel bad for it, it's not even alive.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
6 years ago we paid 15 dollars to a crook, running a garage sale, and he laughed inwardly as we walked away with his garbage
Posted by
Kristie
at
4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Have I ever mentioned that I love you-here is my poem
you should blog more so that I can have laughter in my life.
Hugs and kisses
So funny! I think I have almost the exact same vacuum! I dream of the day that I can get rid of it!
I miss you!!!
I have never had a vaccume I liked... ever. I hope you're new one brings you much joy and sucks perfectly! :)
P.S. Working on the garage finally, are we?
You really should write more songs because you're quite good at it. I still look forward to the day you will sing to me. You're beautiful and I'm happy to see you on the blog again. Please bring more.
I knew you guys were budget savvy-- but seriously? spend some money on a vaccuum:) Well, I guess, lesson learned, right?
FUNNY post!
You always make me laugh. Love it!
I agree My vaccums are always good for a few weeks then they go down hill! someone find the worlds best vaccuum and let me know where I can get one!
Wonderful! you got a new one :o) I love your song though... it seems like you and it had a history together :o)
Is that framing I see in the background??? Post some photos how bout it? :)
Post a Comment