Sunday, November 15, 2009

long time no post

So, here are some highlights of the summer and fall. I had to do a purge-post before I recommit to posting on a regular basis.

Really, it's just going to be a bunch of pictures. And, as Ryan so delicately put it, "no one wants to see that many pictures of us." But hey, if you don't want to see them, just stop looking! :)

Molly and her best friend Sofia, off to the beach.

Eva made some brownies, in her leotard. She needs full range of motion/ease of movement when baking. Can't be bothered with restrictive clothing.


OUR TRIP TO UTAH/COLORADO

Molly is helping, I don't know why they split the winnings with her.




The last little bit of the red crop, right before I cut it off. (sniff..)


This is Levi challenging me to a boxing match. I totally won, best of three.

something about this picture makes me want to call my dad "gramps."


We went to visit Ryan's brother Eric and fam in Colorado. Awesome kids, wonderful sis-in-law, ..we had a great time.



And my friend Kendra-so beautiful, so fun. That's her husband Max. Isn't he studly? Kidding, he's two. She just has a really small head. I tried taking pictures with her once and felt like Andre the giant. I decided to stand a few feet behind her just so the head-ratio looked right.
And, sad but true, I think this picture of Eva holding some bugs is all I have to show for my stay at Sara's house. It was lovely, as anyone can tell by the picture. :)
Levi was like "mom. photo-op of the century. we're at chilis, and I'm in the high chair with my margarita coaster. hurry, get the camera." -then he pulled an I-don't-even-know-you and looked the other way.

So glad I got to see Brandi, even for just an hour.

And Marlee, that hour that turned into like four hours, hm. I should've known I would never want to leave! When are you coming to see me? p.s. I told you I was going to post the picture-did you think just because it's been four months, you were in the clear?? Ha!


Jenn and Joanna. We will leave this blank space as a representation of the pictures not taken while I was truly enjoying myself at your houses. Sad.



The drive home with my mom was absolutely one of the best trips I've ever had in my life. We stopped everywhere and took our time. We swam in the pool at the hotel! I know you're wondering and the answer is: no, there were no men with us.
We stopped at my grandparents grave.
hot, tired, hungry and someone took his toy. it's a recipe for, well, that face.




I get them mixed up. I think it's the brow.

As always, we were so sad to see her go.

Eva's first day of school.


Eva loves to be outside in the rain (you can't tell, but it's really coming down hard here)-she's so beautiful.

Ry? will you take a picture with me?
I'm serious, Ryan, please... will you?


(grunt) "thanks babe, smile!"

RY!! you weren't even looking, were you!!?!?!


too bad, it would've been a great shot.
My friend Lisa was in town from New Jersey and we went camping together. It was awesome!

And it was her birthday. Yay for 30! right?
Then we went and spent a day in Portland.



People in Portland are weird.Can't say I didn't warn you.

For molly's birthday we did a GPS treasure hunt. Super fun.




Levi's model face, he's been working on it.

ew mom! it's stinky in there!
but let's get a picture beside it anyway.

We drove up to Mt. Ranier when Ryan's mom was in town. It was cold and sadly, very foggy. We couldn't even see the summit after driving as high as we could.

Girls. Race to the post. Molly, try not to win.
Molly!

Another treasure hunt success!Magical Pony, Pocahontas and a Puppy- oh my!

He's officially one. How did that happen? He grabbed the cake with both hands and shoved it in his mouth.



Then he drank his melted ice cream from the plate.
he got some really fun gifts.

But his favorite was the balloon. (I gave him that)

9 comments:

Marleepatts said...

I am gonna go ahead and say we are no longer friends.

Louise said...

Who wants to see all these pics? I do! Long time since I heard any news from your part of the world. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! If you ever decide to come thru SoCal pay me a visit, okay:)

NACJMAC said...

Hooray- I loved seeing all those photos of you guys. Everyone has grown so much. i can't believe Molly is 5 and your little Levi is scrumpcious! What a handsome little guy. I have been thinking about you and missing you lately. I really must come for a visit. You guys look happy. miss you!

Shannon said...

Kristie, too cute! I love Levi's model face and Eva in her darling raincoat! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I am missing so much! I seriously can't wait to see you guys.

Sara :-) said...

Hey! Addorable!!! I love to see pictures. I am a little miffed that we forgot pictures at my house (although we couldn't find the camera) :). We will have to remedy that next time! I love you and hope that you have a very happy Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you before then (which I hope that I will). Have a great day!!!

theamazingjohnsons said...

I love, love, love your commentary! You make me laugh. I especially loved your comments on the picture you were trying to take with Ryan. So funny! I love you!

Stephanie said...

Love them all! You have the most beautiful girls! I miss seeing their cute little faces smile at me at church. Hope things are going well. Miss you!

{Alynn} said...

Tell Ryan I WANT to see all these pictures of you guys! Every one! Holy crap I miss you! Your children are simply edible -- and growing like crazy! I laughed, I cried (almost, I REALLY miss you), it was better than Cats. Post more often, will you? :)

Brie said...

u can tell ryan that i wanted to see all those pics...and i loved the narritive of you and him trying to get a pic...heart you.