Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dreary, dreary, dreary

The occasional blog-vent is a great alternative to driving my husband nuts with complaints about something he has no power to change. For weeks now, as he arrives home from work, he's been greeted with "IT'S JUNE!! JUNE, Ryan..." and an exasperated look, meaning "Good grief, man! Aren't you going to do something about it?" So far, he hasn't and I'm beginning to think he might not.

Anyone else feeling a little angry about the weather? I don't know about you, but around January, I'm pretty anxious for spring. So an extended winter excites thoughts of putting the house up for sale and moving somewhere normal. We had a couple spring teaser weekends, but other than that, winter has settled here indefinitely. It was 48 degrees yesterday! it's 53 right now! I am wearing a sweater. In the morning, I debate whether or not to open the blinds at all, because it's brighter not knowing that we are shrouded in gray misery.

Well, I just ate a pickle and I feel a lot better.

11 comments:

Louise said...

Ha!Ha! No really, I'm sorry. When Mark was at Ft. Lewis that's all he talked about was how dreary the weather is. This has been an unusual spring/summer though. It's been cooler everywhere. It was also in the 50's in Utah today. If you want a break from the cold come to So Cal. Love to have you!

Anonymous said...

Ugh... you are singing my song, sister! What is going on here? It's madness!!! I wish Ryan would DO something already! ; ) Next time you have the blahs, give me a call and we'll go find something fun to do!

Hambone Jacobs said...

We had 9 people die of heat exhaustion here in NY, chee chee. I would trade you in a heartbeat. I HATE humidity and 100+ weather. Miss you. Love you. Not feeling sorry for you, tho. ;) Call me.

Ang said...

Perfect reason to come and visit me. :) Did you know that we moved to St. George. I love the weather, but may just need to come visit you when I'm feeling like something other than HOT!

theamazingjohnsons said...

How funny, I was tempted to write about this same thing yesterday. I personally would be happy with this weather all year. But, I feel bad for my kids because they want to play outside so badly.

Jen O said...

Amen, sister. Let's rename the month "June-uary"!

Jenn said...

i'm glad a pickle can help, you better stock up.

Shannon said...

COME VISIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you try making the butterflies?

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

That really is the pits. I hope Summer arrives soon. Speaking of it being summer, shouldn't you know what that baby is soon?

Amy G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy G said...

Sorry, deleted my comment as I realized it made no sense whatsoever! But yeah, visit me too! Take some of this heat out of here...on the plus side,I can't eat when it's hot, which sure doesn't hurt...

You crack me up! And congrats on the boy!!! woohoo! Thought I was going to have to loan out Gabe for awhile!