Sunday, May 18, 2008

Anniversary

Thanks to some inspired words I read in a rekindle-the-romance book three days before our anniversary, I decided to not spend that special day with Ryan at Home Depot. Embarrassing, but true, our plan was to leave the kids with our neighbor for the day so we could go pick out plants and back splash materials. And we were really enthused about it, too. Instead, we went hiking around a huge rhododendron garden for a couple hours, had lunch at a great pizza place, went to a family fun center (for putt-putt golfing, arcade games and air hockey (so fun!! I will own a table one day.)), got ice cream, watched a movie, and had pho for dinner. At no point did we discuss anything important. We just laughed and enjoyed ourselves. It was the most fun I have had in a long time.
And that morning, I saw these on the table. Ryan had gathered every kind of flower on our property. So pretty!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What!?! Nothing new and odd to hang in your shower? : ) Sounds like you had a wondeful day - so glad you were feeling up to it!

Shannon said...

I am so impressed that Ryan could find all of those beautiful flowers in your own yard! I MISS YOU GUYS!

theamazingjohnsons said...

I am so glad you had a good anniversary and even more glad you are feeling better. I miss you! Oh, I am also wondering what's this business about leaving the girls with your neighbor...

Jenn said...

Its good to get out and do something fun, not work related! I'm glad your feeling better, I was missing reading about your life.

Strong Family said...

Hey Kristie! I found your blog through Brittney. It's fun to see pictures of you and your cute family. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Sandra

NACJMAC said...

Yeah! I've been checking for a new post on your blog, which would tell me you're feeling a little better! Sounds like a wonderful celebration day. Beautiful flowers too from your beautiful yard! I miss you so much.

Lillian J. White said...

congrats on another year!
I have been thinking bout you lots and hope you are either enduring it well or the pregnancy is getting easier? glad you had a day of blissfull, carefree enjoyment with your love....you're so deserving!