Thursday, April 17, 2008

Zofran and prayers

Early pregnancy and I have never mixed well. This time around is no different-though I should say, with a grateful heart, that I haven't thrown up hourly. And I hesitate to think it outloud, but I do think the end is in sight, thanks to modern medicine! I finally got zofran two days ago and I felt marginally better yesterday and almost normal today (the nausea was ever-present, but ignorable). The fatigue remains, but I can handle that. I'm pretty sure today was a good day because I got out of bed and flat ironed my hair. I was expecting formal company, or I would've never been so ambitious. :)

I really want to thank all my wonderful friends, who have helped me in numerous ways these past three weeks. Even those who just offered, it's nice to know I can call for backup, should I get desperate. I am determined to return the favors at some point. Please let me.

Additionally, I have to pay tribute to my awesome kids. They are real troopers. "Lunch at 3:00? no problem mom, we love you anyway." "you'll only pour me a cup of milk if I bring the jug to your bed? sure thing." Overall neglect and free run of the household has been my parenting approach lately and they really haven't taken advantage of it. They're so good. A few days ago, I was writhing in my room, getting irritated because they had been laughing hysterically for half an hour. It truly did grate on my sickened nerves, but I couldn't very well tell them to stop enjoying each other, so I could keep sleeping. If there's anything I should want them to be doing, it's giggling. And I love their sweet little prayers for me. Everyday they pray that I'll feel better and that the baby will be healthy. No wonder I feel better. :)

12 comments:

Louise said...

There was a cute quote I found somewhere that says,"Grant me the patience to deal with my blessings." I try to keep that in mind even in my worst moods. I totally know where you are coming from, I feel the same way now. The kids are pretty much on their own, unfortunately.

Tara said...

I hope this upward trend continues! Your girls are little angels!

Ang said...

What sweet girls. I'm so excited for you. I know the sick feeling stinks, but man, I wish I could have what you have right now. :)

Anonymous said...

Zofran is a miracle drug! I promise this will all be worth it... my baby Louis called me "Mama" today! I hope you continue to feel a little better every day!

Jenn said...

Oh, I wish I was there! I hope you feel better, I remeber the days! take care of yourself, it only lasts a short time in the grand scheme of things, and i'm so glad the girls are being so good! if I was there I would come and get them daily! I never got zofran, whats that like, I got phenergan, is it the same or better? well feel better!

Kristen said...

I'm sorry things have been so rough! Thank goodness for sweet little girls.

theamazingjohnsons said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Prayers do work. Just know that your little sweeties aren't the only ones who have been praying for you.

Shannon said...

I just love you to pieces Kristie. Remember when the Zofran isn't quite doing it's job, there is always white bread with peanut butter on it, and Cream of Wheat!

Brie said...

Kristie so sad we couldn't hang out, dang that sickness...but I'm glad you are getting some relief..and ps, you are NEVER getting near my hair again...hope that wasn't too harsh...holy africa

Brett + Kristin said...

So sorry about you being sick -- that's the worst but it sounds like your girls are sweethearts. Congratulations though on being pregnant!

Rachel said...

Hey! It's been a while, so I'm just checking in. And I never said: Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Oh, and I adore the exchange about the dinosaurs - so glad you were taking notes! :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

The Drakulich Family said...

Zofran rules! I had some today. I hope you get feeling better soon. My dad used to remind me I just had to remember what the end result was during my pregnancy with Harmony. Holding that baby makes it all worth it.