Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'd love to call it a vacation...

But it was something else altogether. I think our Colorado Christmas adventure can be epitomized by the following picture.


Christmas morning, Eva announced that she was sick and immediately provided proof. So, she was quarantined while everyone else went sledding..
Then the rest of us got sick. So we scattered and stayed at separate houses.

We (siblings and cousins) reunited briefly for about 24 hours before heading home, and the kids played a little. Jumping on the bed was in good order, I thought.


This is Eva and Molly with their cousin, Mason. He is just as cute as a boy can be. We were disappointed there weren't more moments like this during our visit, but hopefully we'll make up for it next time.

So, we left Colorado and drove (through miserable driving conditions that cannot be described without explitives) to visit my side of the family. We were feeling better, but Molly still had the flu. Although we didn't stay as long as we had originally planned to, we had a great time there. These are a few pics of my fam, on the sidelines of our formal photo session.

Kamie and me.


Shannon and me.


Eva jane and Jaker


Jaker setting us straight.


Baby Carson. Definitely the MVP of the event.


my main squeeze.
(hello, yellow hair! it makes me angry. course it's fixed now that the photo session is over. why can't they just get it right the first time!!?)


Amber and me.


Brandon, Kamie and me.


Not many pictures of my mom goofing off. awesome!


Laura, Amber and Kamie

Brandon and my dad.
There were also pictures taken at other times.Getting out of the house

It was funny.


Molly and Boppy.


Eva gets some medical advice from her authority-on-all-subjects uncle, Allen: a lesser-known "cure" for the common cold.

And Ryan built a snowman with the girls. He was so kind as to let them name it "dellarina" -but he swore them to secrecy.

8 comments:

theamazingjohnsons said...

That picture of Eva and Molly on the floor is just plain sad. I'm sorry your vacation was less than wonderful. It looks like you had a few good times though. Also, there is no resemblence at all between you and your sisters. ha!

Brie said...

It was funny- I bet it was..That picture of you and Kamie laughing reminded me of us at Ricks..how i miss that...:) Ps I got your email and I am responding friend..hugs not drugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry... you drove farther and got more sick than we did! I think we'll have to get together and relax after our "vacations". Eva will have to show us more of her healing techniques!

wendy said...

Kristie-hope you don't mind, but I got your blog link from Brie... I love the pictures and your girls are adorable. It has been great for us to see what you guys have been up to since we saw you last...Lisa Vreeman's wedding was it? Anyways, hope to hear from you and check out our blog sometime.
http://thejohnsrambler.blogspot.com/
Loves. Wendy and Allen Johns

Lewis Family said...

Hey! Sorry you had such a bad time on Christmas-that stinks!! But we're glad the rest of the time was good. :-)

rowdystroudy said...

you're family looks so fun..and I LOVE the pics of the girls in those striped tights. You have such great style when it comes to dressing those two:)

Sunshine Promises said...

I found your blog via our common friend Carrie Stroud (I'm sure she is one of your favorites as she is mine). Anywho, while looking through it I spied Kamie Bolander, a dear friend of mine from "Ricks College Collegiate Singers" and I about flipped! Where in the heck is she and what is she up to? Can you send me her info?

Thanks so much,
Amanda Kjar Wilkinson

Sunshine Promises said...

Excuse me, I meant Kamie Bolen (another Ricks friend was Kris Bolander!).