Monday, January 28, 2008

car accidents only happen to other people

-it's a myth I've been placing undue faith in for about ten years. Thanks to a dusting of snow this morning, I've converted instead to staying home during the winter months. Hibernation is for me. Since I was lucky enough to hit the van's computer and other vitals in my collision, I have no other option.

Another myth I need to disavow, is that tax returns are exciting. No... tax returns are basically a promise that something catastrophic is going to happen that will wipe them out, before they're deposited.

Actually, I feel really blessed and protected. After all, we weren't hurt. And an occasional reminder that we are at the mercy of the unexpected isn't a bad thing. Ryan will fix the van (within the year, I'm sure), and we'll forget all about this.

One more thing. Immediately after the crash, the girls and I were all crying. Then Eva, so sincerely, wailed "did we die?" It's really funny, now.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Oh no!!! I'm sorry to hear that! If you need company during your hibernation, let me know. What a cute comment Eva made! Kids are so innocent and sweet!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I have a van! When you want to get away (and believe me, I've been there and you will) give me a call! We can go shopping (for food or fun stuff) or just hang out. I'm so glad Eva isn't dead! :)

rowdystroudy said...

I'm just glad you guys are okay! Atleast it was from the ice and snow..I ran into someone's car because I bee was in my face. Try explaining that one to the husband:)

Kristen said...

I'm so glad no one was hurt! How scary though. Eva is adorable! Brian and I got a kick out of her sincere and innocent question.

theamazingjohnsons said...

Oh my gosh! I am glad you are all okay. I just want to hug Eva! Well, I am going to be calling you tomorrow so you will have to tell me what happened.

Ang said...

Die we die? I love it. At least she understands that you'd all be together if you did die. I'm so happy to hear that you're okay.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I'm so glad you guys weren't hurt! And I love Eva's comment, that girl is TOO funny!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! accidents are horrible. I'm so gald everyone is ok! I miss you so much and I hope you are doing well and drive safely ok?!

Lewis Family said...

Yikes! Thank heaven none of you were hurt! Cars are replacable, although expensive :-( ! I think if I were in a car accident I'd be forever scared to get in a car again! So glad you're okay!