Wednesday, April 20, 2011

kids

With a title like that, I could just write and write... but I will keep it brief. My kids say things all the time that don't quite make me laugh outloud, but they're just amusing. for instance:

We were all in the van, driving home from school today, when Eva piped up with this fascinating information:

"Mom? When I was in music, it was so hot in there, I was thinking I would faint at any moment (yes, she said moment), and I was all squishy (okay...)."

Molly: "was it hotter than Egypt??"

Eva: "I think Egypt would be way more hotter, but it was hot."

I was smiling to myself, wondering how Egypt ever gained a presence in their young minds, when the girls started fighting over a mirror they found in the backseat (the kind that should be installed so that I can see my sweet baby in my rear view, but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet). So, Levi demanded that Eva "Dop being rude!"

He went on to say: "I went'n a doctor, went poop in a bowl, in a toilet." -none of which was true. none!
but they mimicked his response the entire way home. Laughing hysterically.

Okay, wait, this wasn't brief at all. And just now, Eva told Ryan and me that she wants to be an "art person" when she grows up. Ryan responded (with all the feeling of a tender parent) "aw, c'mon Eva! you'll be a poor, homeless, loser -just so you know. (slight pause) so marry well..."

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your family!

Jeni said...

I am cracking up!

Jenn said...

that was pretty funny, kids sure can make or break a day! here we are having one of those fighting messing not listening to a word mommy says days! gotta get on here when i'm having good days and write that good stuff down!